The Noah's Ark Window
Given by Mrs. Jane McIntyre in loving memory of Brouwer McIntyre.
The three-panel "Noah's Ark Window" in the Children's Chapel of Trinity Episcopal Church is based on the familiar biblical story related in the Book of Genesis. Noah stands at the left, overseeing the many animals that have come safely ashore. The dove carrying an olive branch is a sign that flood waters have receded from the land. The rainbow represents God's promise to Noah that never again would there be such a flood over the earth. The window was created by Lydia Hohman, a Monroe native, who studied architectural stained glass at the Swansea College of Art in Wales. The window was dedicated in 1982, and was the gift of the artist’s grandmother, Mrs. Jane McIntyre, in memory of her husband, Brouwer D. McIntyre.
The Children's Chapel Window
Ralph W. Kinnear 1899-1974
Susan Annette Machus 1970-1974
This window was installed in 1974 in the area designated a Children’s Chapel as part of the 1958 addition to the church building. The window is named “Jesus Teaching the Children.” It is in memory of Susan, given by her parents, Mr. And Mrs. Howard Machus, and of Ralph Kinnear, given by his widow, Edna, and his son, Roger.